Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari on Friday said that the public authority is developing the world’s longest expressway – Delhi-Mumbai Express Highway. As indicated by Gadkari, the venture will get over by March 2022. Gadkari made ongoing declarations subsequent to assessing the Bharuch segment of the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Friday said that the Narmada steel connect was implicit a record season of 32 months.
– The Expressway will be 1,380 km long and will go up to Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT), yet presently govt is likewise intending to take it up to Nariman Point.
– The freeway is being created at an expense of ₹98,000 crores. The 1,380 kilometres in length Delhi Mumbai freeway.
– The interstate will associate the metropolitan habitats of Delhi through the Delhi-Faridabad-Sohna part of the hallway alongside a prod to Jewar Airport and Jawaharlal Nehru Port to Mumbai through a spike in Mumbai.
– Earlier, it used to take around 48 hours to cover the distance between Mumbai and Delhi by truck and 24-26 hours via vehicle. However, presently, it will just require around 18-20 hours to cover the distance between Delhi and Mumbai by truck and 12-13 hours via vehicle, as per Gadkari.
– Delhi-Mumbai Expressway will have Wayside Amenities at 93 spots having offices like ATMs, inns, retail shops, food courts, charging stations for electric vehicles, and fuel stations. It will likewise be the first turnpike in Quite a while to have helipads and completely prepared ERs at each 100 km for mishap casualties.
– Delhi-Mumbai Expressway is being created as a climate amicable turnpike with a tree front of 2 million trees, watered with a trickle water system along the whole stretch with a water reaping framework at every 500 meters.
– The Delhi–Mumbai Expressway will be straightforwardly associated with different other freeways like Delhi–Noida Direct Flyway (DND Flyway) in Delhi, Kundli–Manesar–Palwal Expressway (KMP) in Haryana and Ahmedabad–Vadodara Expressway in Gujarat. In Maharashtra, it will be associated with Mumbai–Nagpur Expressway and Mumbai–Pune Expressway.