Contractual Female Staff Raped and Filmed at Infosys Campus Pune

A shocking incidence of rape came into light on December 27, where two contracted housekeeping male staff raped women in Infosys campus of Pune Maharashtra. The victim was working as a cashier in canteen on a contractual basis. The cops have arrested both the accused in less than a hour, after the complaint was filed in Hinjewadi Police Station.

According to the report filed by the victim, rape took place when she took a break from the work and went to restroom. The prime accused Paritosh Bagh aka Purshottam (21) followed her to washroom and clutched her from behind, when she shouted for help another man Prakash Mahadik (30) entered the women’s toilet. Even after watching this act of inhumanity Prakash did not cared to help the lady, instead started taking pictures and videos.

Inspector Vishwajeet Khule told media that “that accused has threatened victim to public the videos and images, if she tried to file any complaint against them.” He further added that Bagh was booked for rape under Section 376 and both accused are charged with Section 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 34 (common intention) of the IPC.


Another inspector S P Bhosale of Hinjewadi Police Station told media that “both the accused were retained from their workplace in noon. We have also seized handset in which they allegedly filmed the rape, unfortunately, the files had been deleted, but the mobile is handed over to forensic experts.”

The rape survivor and her husband hails from a farming family of Yevatmal, but migrated Pune last year only in search of work as were badly hit by the drought in Marathwada. The lady hired for Infosys as a contractual staff working in canteen as a cashier, while her husband is working as peon in another office located in Hinjewadi.

This gruesome incident has left her disillusioned for the city “I do not want to stay in Pune anymore, this city has ruined my life” said victim in conversation with a local newspaper. However, she also showed courage to fight till the end, seeking a proportionate punishment for the culprits.

Meanwhile, police informed media that both the accused were presented before court on 29th December and remanded to Police custody for a week, while the background check and investigation is on.