The government is aiming to encapsulate all the mobile subscribers in the Aadhar web network by mandating Sim card verification for continued service. Earlier, the subscribers were asked to verify their sim card operator’s brick and mortar outlet. The migration to online verification has sure provided much-needed comfort to the subscribers. Now the IVR service is open to all subscribers.
Here’s how you can link Aadhaar to mobile phone number
- Give a call to 14546. On the call, it will ask you your nationality: Indian or foreign. Select either of the appropriate options.
- The second step is to agree to the process of linking Aadhar and mobile phone by punching 1.
- Once that is done, punch in your Aadhar number
- Then press1 to confirm.
- An OTP will be generated and sent to your mobile number. For that enter your mobile number.
- The next step is to agree to the terms and conditions of using UIDAI details.
- The last four digits are then keyed in to confirm that the number is correct.
- If the number is approved, then the OTP is finally sent to your mobile number.
- Once again, press 1 to complete the verification process.
The telecom operators were also directed to develop and launch a website for this purpose. However, telecom operators seemingly don’t have any interest in bearing an additional website cost for the sole purpose of the re-verification process.
If one has two working numbers, they could also link the second number with Aadhar. All they have to do is press 2 and then follow the same steps as mentioned above. The process of OTP will be repeated just like it was done for re-verification of the first phone number. The last date for re-verification of the mobile phone number and Aadhar number has been extended to March 31, 2018.