After announcing its Quarter 1 results yesterday, Reliance held its 40 th AGM today and there wouldn’t be a shareholder who doesn’t go with a happy face.
Group Chairman Mukesh Ambani announced the launch of Jio 4G feature phone at an effective price of Rs 0. The phones will be available at a security deposit of Rs 1500, which is refundable after 3 years.
India Ka Smartphone: Jio says
Jio Chairman termed the new phone as “India ka smartphone”. The Reliance group aims at manufacturing over 50 crore feature phone users in the country.
Jio 4G phone Pre-bookings
Pre-bookings for Jio Phone will start from August 24. Jio will offer internet services at the cost of Rs 153 per month against the entire industry charging Rs 4000-5000, Ambani said.
The JioPhone will be available for user testing in beta mode from 15 August. Interested Jio users can pre-book their phones starting 24 August.
A special Tribute at the 40th Reliance AGM
At the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting, there was a full video reflecting how Reliance founder Dhirubhai Ambani emerged as a proud son of India. The video was another tribute to the legendary businessman, who Mukesh Ambani referred to be living in everybody’s hearts.
Here are the key highlights of the Jiop 4G feature phone.
- A one-time payment Rs 1,500 as refundable security deposit for 3 years
- calls and text messaging on voice command
- Internet surfing and cable to connect the device to TV to view content and videos.
- 2.4-inch display
- Supports digital payment via NFC
- SD card slot for memory expansion
- Torch light
- Supports 4G VoLTE for calls and data
- New set of data plans, starting at Rs 153 for the device