Actress Shilpa Shetty is set to celebrate her 43rd birthday on 8th June and it won’t be wrong to say that she still looks like a 20-year-old girl. Although Shilpa has taken a break from acting in films, she is constantly in the news either because of her Sunday Binge posts on Instagram or for her fashion statement.
On the occasion of Shilpa Shetty’s birthday, here are some lesser-known facts about the actress:
• She started her career in the year 1991 as a model featuring in the Limca commercial. Later, she made her debut with Baazigar in 1993 opposite Shahrukh Khan. She was just 18 years old back then.
Shilpa Shetty with Shahrukh Khan in Baazigar
• She has worked in 40 different movies since her debut in 1993 and these include not just Hindi films but also Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada.
• Apart from Hindi and English, Shilpa can fluently pull off Marathi, Gujarati, Telugu, and Tamil.
• Apart from acting she is well versed in other skills. She is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer and holds a black belt in Karate. Besides, in her school days, she was the captain of a Volleyball team.
• In the year 2007, she took a break from movies and participated in the UK show Big Brother and also won the reality show.
• Her affair with actor Akshay Kumar in the late 90s and the incident of Richard Gere kissing her in public are the most controversial moments of her career.
Shilpa Shetty says losing weight is more of a mind game
• Known to have the fittest and envious body, Shilpa Shetty was once judged for gaining weight post giving birth to her son Viaan in 2012. However, with the help of a strict diet and workout, she was able to shed half of the pregnancy weight in just 10 months.
• Apart from following a strict diet, she follows Yoga as a religion. However, she enjoys a cheat day on Sunday which she calls Sunday Binge. She posts videos of hers enjoying all kinds of food containing fats and calories on Sundays.