You cannot always control what goes on outside, but you can always control what goes inside. Yoga, is the journey of the self, to the self and through the self. Yoga gives you the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are. The nature of yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body. Yoga has the power of doing wonders. Yoga has taught us that honor your body and let go off thing that no longer serve you. With yoga you can achieve more than you think. Yoga has always proved it capability. In today’s world, though there a lot of ways technologies, techniques, equipment and other ways have come which helps people stay fit, but nothing could replace yoga. Yoga has its own place when it comes to keeping people fit and toned. Yoga has been practiced in India since centuries and is again gaining popularity with its ability to transform people. An enormous health benefit from yoga is making people adapt it in their regular daily lives. If you are one among those ‘new generation’ dudes who are into gyming and exercising in order to gain muscles, this is certainly going to help you. If you want to pack on more muscles, here is how yoga can become your best friend.
1. Increases flexibility: In order to gain more muscles, we often tend to push our body limits while we exercise. Due to stiffness of our bodies and lack of flexibility, injuries might happen. Therefore, it is always suggested to gain flexibility and yoga is undoubtedly the best way to do. There are various asanas that could help you gain more flexibility decreasing your chances of injuries.
2. Makes you strong: It is necessary for those who believe in lifting more weights when exercising to gain muscles. Yoga not only makes you mentally but also physically strong enough to hold on to heavy weights. The various ‘asanas’ practiced in yoga will open up your hip flexors and other stiff links in your body which will maximize your lifts.
3. Increases blood flow: Several asanas in yoga help you relax more providing you a better blood circulation in the body. An increase in blood flow or circulation in the body can help benefit the heart and the body’s muscles and arteries throughout the body. Increased blood circulation improves oxygen rich blood flow to extremities.
4. Provides better sleep: As you relax more through yoga exercises, your body stays calm and composed. Yoga also helps in rejuvenating you mind. This helps in getting a sound sleep. As they say, “eat like a king, train like a beast and sleep like a baby.”
5. Greater high intensity workouts: For better high intensity workouts, all you need is lower resting heart rate. Lower heart rate helps you to even workout in situations when you don’t have enough oxygen supply. Yoga asanas will help you achieve that.
Isn’t yoga has become your best friend already?