The sixth of December marks the death anniversary of Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar. The principal architect of Indian constitution was an economist, professor, lawyer and also a reputed scholar with 8 degrees to his name.
He actually dedicated his entire life only to protect civil liberties such as freedom of religion, abolishing untouchability and all forms of discrimination, socio-economic rights for women and reservations for depressed classes.
Here are some of the inspiring quotes by Dr. B R Ambedkar
- “We must stand on our feet and fight as best as we can for our rights. So carry on your agitation and organize your forces. Power and prestige will come to you through struggle”.
- “Be Educated, Be Organised and Be Agitated”.
- “They cannot make history who forget history”.
- “Religion must mainly be a matter of principles only. It cannot be a matter of rules. The moment it degenerates into rules, it ceases to be a religion, as it kills responsibility which is an essence of the true religious act”.
- “Life should be great rather than long”.
- “I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality, and fraternity”
- “ I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved.”
- “If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it”.
- “The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends”.
- “We are Indians, firstly and lastly”.
Read Also- 5 Mother Teresa Quotes to Inspire you today
Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Interview- 1955