PM Modi has reached Zurich to attend the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland where he is scheduled to participate in various meetings and programs lined up at the summit.
This year’s forum is special for India as it’s for the first time in 2 decades that an Indian PM is attending the event. Also, it’s going to be the first time that Indian culture and traditions will be showcased at such an international level through Yoga sessions.
This 24-hour visit includes a series of events lined up for the minister including interaction with 120 members of International Business Council and a bilateral meeting with Sweden PM Stefan Lofven. Here are highlights from Modi’s Davos visit:
• On Monday, PM Modi held a roundtable meeting with the CEOs of top companies organized under the tagline “India means business”. It was attended by 40 CEOs of global companies and 20 from India.
• On reaching Davos, Modi held talks with the President of Swiss Confederation and discussed ways of deepening the bilateral cooperation even more. These discussions also included automatic exchange of tax information and bilateral investment protection agreement.
• A meeting is scheduled to be held on the theme ‘Creating a Shared Future in a Fractured World’, where India would have the largest participation with 130 members out of 3,000 world leaders.
• A welcome reception was hosted by India which was attended by business leaders, ministers, and celebs marked their presence including names like Railway Minister Piyush Goyal, Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu, Shahrukh Khan, Karan Johar, etc.
• Annual crystal awards were distributed at the ceremony to Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan, Australian actress Cate Blanchett and musician Elton John for their contribution towards improving the state of the world.
• The Swiss government is scheduled to host the annual informal WTO ministerial meeting to be attended by the Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu and his global counterparts.
• India will be hosting Yoga Sessions during the entire summit and will also showcase Indian heritage and culture.
Check out Tweets by PM Modi and actor Shahrukh Khan:
On reaching Davos, held talks with the President of the Swiss Confederation, Mr. @alain_berset. We reviewed the scope of our bilateral cooperation and discussed ways to deepen it even further. pic.twitter.com/aPOXnHrajt
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) January 22, 2018
— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) January 22, 2018