On 25th december in 1924, a leader was born in Gwalior city of Madhya Pradesh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee is a respected figure in Indian Politics and one of the very few who actually thought of developing India in to a superpower in actual sense.
He was an active member of Rashtriya Swayansevak Sangh (RSS). One of the members who had a hand in the formation of Bhartiya Janta Party.
A veteran leader, who led the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government from 1998-2004 and was the first-ever person from the BJP to become the Prime Minister. He served as Prime Minister thrice -briefly in 1996, from 1998-1999 and then for a full five-year term between 1999 and 2004.
During his tenure, India had carried out the Pokhran-II nuclear tests in Rajasthan in 1998 and the Kargil War between India and Pakistan had broken out in 1999. Apart from politics, Vajpayee was a prominent writer and has penned a number of poems.
Today on his 95th birth anniversary we will remember some of the quotes that touched hearts of people all over the world.
1. “There can be no compromise regarding corruption.”
2. “Terrorism has become a festering wound. It is an enemy of humanity.”
3. “Politics is a game of compromise.”
4. “Our aim may be as high as the endless sky, but we should have a resolve in our minds to walk ahead, hand-in-hand, for victory will be ours.”
5. “Global interdependence today means that economic disasters in developing countries could create a backlash on developed countries.”
6. “For development, peace is essential.”
7. “Victory and defeat are a part of life, which are to be viewed with equanimity.”
8. “If India is not secular, then India is not India at all.”
9. “We believe in equal respect for all faiths.”
10. “It is easy to win elections by raising slogan of “garibi hatao” but slogans do not remove poverty.”