Swami Vivekananda, born as Narendranath Datta was the chief preacher of Indian philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga to the Western world. He was born on January 12, 1863 in an aristocratic Bengali family of Calcutta. Since childhood, he was intrigued by spirituality and philosophy. This curiosity had made him read a wide range of subjects including philosophy, history, art and literature, social science and many Hindu scriptures. He was the disciple of Ramakrishna. Vivekananda was also the founder of Ramakrishna Math and the Ramakrishna Mission. He was died at an early age of 39 on 4 July, 1902.
On the occasion of his 116th death anniversary, check out the quotes from learned Hindu Philosopher.
1. In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.
2. You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
3. In a day, when you don’t come across any problems – you can be sure that you are travelling in a wrong path.
4. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
5. Arise,awake and do not stop until the goal is reached.
6. Stand up, be bold, be strong. Take the whole responsibility on your own shoulders, and know that you are the creator of your own destiny. All the strength and succor you want is within yourself.
7. Talk to yourself once in a day.. otherwise you may miss meeting an excellent person in this world.
8. We are what our thought have made us; So take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; They travel far.
9. The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
10. Be a hero. Always say, ‘I have no fear.
On his birth anniversary, check out how nation pays him tribute.
— Sudarsan Pattnaik (@sudarsansand) July 4, 2018
Tributes to Swami Vivekananda on his death anniversary. His vision and teachings remain an inspiration for everyone devoted to serving the nation. pic.twitter.com/Pf4yGMEySf
— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) July 4, 2018
My humble tributes to #SwamiVivekananda, the spiritual master, who was an epitome of wisdom n intellect, on his death anniversary. His thoughts n words are an ever inspiring reservoir of positive energy. pic.twitter.com/WdPgVZezGV
— Ashok Gehlot (@ashokgehlot51) July 4, 2018
On this day, the great philosopher, Swami Vivekananda attained Mahasamadhi. Remembering him on this solemn occasion. Let us strive to live up to the ideals he espoused. He taught the world the true meaning of Hinduism: universal brotherhood
— Mamata Banerjee (@MamataOfficial) July 4, 2018
— Ravi Shankar Prasad (@rsprasad) July 4, 2018
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) July 4, 2018
Tributes to Swami Vivekananda on his death anniversary, today.
His teachings and preachings are eternally relevant and continue to inspire people, particularly younger generation. #Vivekananda pic.twitter.com/LwDnM294s8
— VicePresidentOfIndia (@VPSecretariat) July 4, 2018
— Naveen Jindal (@MPNaveenJindal) July 4, 2018