World Laughter Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of May every year. This year, it will be celebrated on 6th May. It’s an occasion that reminds people that laughter has many healing benefits and people should just laugh their hearts out. Laughter is said to be the best medicine and is one of most beautiful thing on this planet.
The objective of celebrating laughter day is nothing but to spread happiness. The idea was introduced by Dr. Madan Kataria in 1998. He founded the Laughter Yoga Movement in 1995 and worked on facial feedback hypothesis during which he discovered that our facial expressions have a deep impact on our emotions.
On this occasion of World Laughter Day, people simply gather in laughter clubs, parks, or other places and laugh out loud. A small idea that started with a laughter club has today brought the world together for nothing but happiness.
As the famous comic actor Charlie Chaplin used to say, “A day without laughter is a day wasted”, here are some witty jokes from some of the famous Indian standup comedians that will definitely leave you in splits.
1. Abhishek Upmanyu on Respecting People!
2. Biswa Kalyan has a perfect explanation for bachelors’ attitude!
3. Chandresh talks about the struggles of growing up as a gay in an Indian household!
4. Kanan Gill aptly explains what we all do on weekends!
5. When Vir Das addressed American audience on Conan’s Show: