With the aim to spread awareness about mental health issues, World Mental Health Day 2018 is observed on October 10. It is observed across the world. This day focuses on spreading awareness about mental health situations and encourages people to open up about it. It is known that mental issues are very common even in children and adolescents. The theme of this year is “Young people and mental health in a changing world.” Know more.
There are certain reasons and factors that cause people mentally weak. Stress, frustration, pressure, and increased use of online technology etc can make people suffer from mental illness or a disorder.
Sometimes it is hard to recognize the reasons as anxiety, anger and shyness can be a part of developmental growth and a temporary condition rather than an illness. But, if these actions keep on repeating and cause trouble then don’t take it lightly. There is no certain age for being suffered from mental issues as every age group can suffer from this. Hence, it is important to stay vigilant about the people in your surrounding and their behavior. You are also supposed to be aware of symptoms of depression and other ailments.
See the symptoms to be found in youngsters and kids
- Mood swings
- Anxiety with a racing heartbeat and sweaty palms
- Some kids resort to drugs or alcohol
- Extreme irritability or sadness or feelings of overwhelming fear for no reason
- Mood swings that cause problems in relationships at home or school
- Being aggressive and impulsive
- Frequent headaches and stomachaches
See the symptoms to be found in adults
- Mood-swings, anxiety, agitation and apathy
- Difficulty in waking up in the morning
- Lethargy and drowsiness, lack of interest in daily affairs
- Over-eating, or conversely, loss of appetite
- Unexplained aches and pains in the body
- Insomnia or sleeplessness
- Increased consumption of alcohol, tobacco and caffeine
- Suicidal tendencies
- Fatigue and tiredness resulting in slowness