NaMo Govt Scheme: Did you know that you could earn a pension of 5000 on investing Rs 84 every month?
Have you ever heard about the Atal Pension Yojana (APY)?
Well, it is a scheme which has emerged like a benison for all Indians and was started by NaMo government in 2015. It is a scheme which encompasses people involved in the unorganized sector and can be enrolled by anyone aged 18 – 39 years.
The small investment made by the depositor becomes a huge corpus at the end of the period and that satisfaction is second to none, for an Aam Aadmi. The contributed amount and the age at which the depositor enrolled in the scheme is the deciding factor for the amount.
Modes of Contribution:
The depositor has to pay a sum of only Rs 84 every month and he/she will be eligible for an assured return of Rs 2000 after the age of 60 years. How cool is this, really?!
- On attaining the age of 60 years: The exit from APY is permitted at the age with 100% annuitisation of pension wealth. On exit, the pension would be available to the subscriber.
- In case of death of the Subscriber due to any cause: In case of death of subscriber pension would be available to the spouse and on the death of both of them (subscriber and spouse), the pension corpus would be returned to his nominee.
- Exit Before the age of 60 Years: The Exit before age 60 would be permitted only in exceptional circumstances, i.e., in the event of the death of the beneficiary or terminal disease.
- The age of the subscriber should be between 18 – 39 years and 364 days.
- He / She should have a savings bank account/ open a savings bank account.
- The prospective applicant should be in possession of mobile number and its details are to be furnished to the bank during registration.